Skip to main content

Millie Bobby Brown on social media

Millie Bobby Brown is a 14-year-old actress known for her role in Netflix TV Show "Stranger Things". I chose to write about her because I have only seen her on the TV screen as her character Eleven and it was quite interesting to see who she is as Millie. I followed her account on both Facebook and Instagram.

First of all, I was shocked to see how really different Millie looks comparing to what I have seen in Stranger Things. Even though she is only 14, from her social media accounts it seems that she wants to grow up too fast. She puts out videos and photos of where she is hanging out with adult celebrities and most of her own photos give the feeling that she is a grown up already. 

Image result for millie brown real life
Millie Brown as Eleven vs in real life (Image source: https://www.thisisinsider.com/stranger-things-cast-photos-2017-10)

However, I see a similar pattern on Millie's Instagram account to other girls I know that are approximately the same age. Most of the girls this age are trying to look and act more maturely on social media than they might be in real life. Also, I noticed that she does post some quotes under her photos, which are not directly related to the photo, such as "if you have a voice, you should scream it from the rooftops " and "not all superheroes wear capes" and such. I also used to do that before, I have to admit. From some posts, Millie seems like an average teenager as she puts photos with her friends and daily life and looking opposite of her trying to be a grown-up. She does present herself as a positive and kind person as it seems.

One of Millie's Instagram posts (Image source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlF6F3ngi43/)

It is noticeable also that she is constantly posting updates about Stranger Things and she does show great affection to this TV show and other actors in it. Millie also seems to be enjoying her character Eleven and I think that it gives the TV show fans be more engaged in Eleven as a character and the whole show in general. 

Millie's post about ST (Image source: https://www.facebook.com/milliebobbybrown/)

I think that the way Millie presents herself on social media is surprising to many Stranger Things fans as it is to me since the characters of her in the show and real life are so different. However, I do not think it is disappointing in any way because Millie shoes through social media that she has a strong personality and interests of her own. And that is what fans want to see from their admired celebrities.

Comments

  1. It's a bit weird how maturely child actors act in social media but I also think it's a good thing at the same time. Fooling around in social media could lead them in some serious trouble so it's a good thing they take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How did Cartoon Network shows evolve in time

Probably most of us remember or have heard about Cartoon Network animated TV series channel, which was particularly popular among 90's kids. In my case, it was a huge entertainment part of my childhood and I have seen it rapidly reforming from 2000 up until 2011 by the old shows being replaced by new ones. My main question in this blog post is: Is CN still something worth watching or did it diminish to please the newest generations? Now when asking someone else from my generation (mostly generation Z) about whether Cartoon Network has become something greater, the usual answer is: ''No, the old CN is gone and nothing can replace it''. Even though I do believe in that myself, I assume that there is that piece of our childhood that is irreplaceable so we do not want to cope with the fact that our favorite childhood cartoons can be replaced in any way. This is why in this blog post I will try to compare the new CN with the old one with an unbiased opinion of mine. E

What media is allowed in North Korea

Whenever I am in need of seeking information, news or entertainment I know that I can access everything in a matter of seconds. I can find different press releases, opinions, use social media and create content of my own without any restrictions (vaguely speaking). However, not everywhere in the world it is possible and one of those countries is North Korea. For me, it is hard to imagine that I might not be able to freely consume different types of media in everyday life, which is the reason why the available media of North Korea raised my attention. Media in North Korea is one of the most strictly controlled in the world and falls under tight government's control. Even though North Korea states that the citizens have freedom of speech and press, the censorship is strictly enforced in domestic media releases. It is also prohibited to listen to the foreign broadcasts or consume any uncensored media, which is not controlled by the government. So what are the types of media allowed